Fe226 Merino Wool Beanie
Odour-free and quick-dry from nature
Temperature regulating from nature
100% organic material and manufactured in Europe
It took nature a million years to develop and grow merino, the most magical natural fabric on the face of the earth. This beanie is 100% organic, naturally antibacterial, odourless, quickdry, temperature-regulating and so much more.
The Fe226 beanie is guaranteed to be your go-to headwarmer in any weather condition, rain, snow or clear skies. On cooler days, the insulating effect will keep you warm and on warmer days the merino will keep you cool.
Fold the bottom edge from where the logo is located (see photo) to warm your ears with three layers of wool. It is thin enough to be worn under your cycling helmet as well.
Fe226 Merino Beanie offers construction details like:
- 100% light-weight merino wool
- One-size “Perfect Fit” construction
- 100% organic material with natural temperature regulation, odour-crunch, quick-dry and sweat-wicking
Nine Facts About Merino Wool
1. Breathable - Merino fibers can absorb large quantities of moisture vapor. It is extremely breathable and less prone to clamminess.
2. Warm and cool - Merino is an active fiber that reacts to body temperature. Warm when the weather is cold, and cool when the weather is hot.
3. Static resistant - Merino wool tends not to create static electricity, helping it to drape beautifully and be less likely to cling uncomfortably to your body
4. Odour resistant - Merino wool can absorb moisture vapor which means less sweat on your body. Merino even absorbs the odours from sweat. You don’t have to wash it after every ride which is much better for your environment as well.
5. Stain resistant - Merino fibers have a natural protective outer layer that prevents stains from being absorbed. Merino wool tends not to generate static, it attracts less dust and lint.
6. Anti-wrinkle - Each Merino fiber is like a coiled spring that returns to its natural shape after being bent = a natural resistance to wrinkles.
7. UV protection - Merino wool is much better at protecting you from UV radiation than most synthetics and cotton.
8. Natural - Merino wool is grown year-round by Australia's 70 million Merino sheep, consuming a simple blend of water, air, sunshine, and grass.
9. Biodegradable - Merino fiber will naturally decompose in soil in a matter of years, slowly releasing valuable nutrients back into the earth.
JOIN THE EVOLUTION OF SPORTSWEAR
All Fe226 sportswear items are anti-bacterial and therefore odour-less. This means that you need to wash them less, and hence you can keep them for longer. This is good for you and good for the environment.
You probably know the feeling; after a few months of training in your apparel, they start to smell. Even after you washed them. This problem is over now. Using Fe226’s odour-less garments, you will feel much better both during training (especially if you exercise in company), and after training an commuting, when you hang your garments to dry either at home or at work/school.
Longer lasting textiles
Feeling (smelling) better is not the only advantage of Fe226’s odour-less garments. It also means, that instead of washing your garments after each exercise, you can rinse under water and hang it up to dry, thereby reducing washing to every 3-4 times you use it. And with less washing and less bacterial growth, your garments also last longer, so you can buy less. Good for your wallet and good for the environment.
Reduced environmental impact
In sports apparel, our use of a garment stands for the 50-70% of total carbon emission. Using an odour-less product more than once before washing drastically reduces the environmental impact of the garment. Water and energy are saved, CO2 is reduced and the amount of microplastics can also be significantly reduced. It all starts by washing less. Studies show, that if you use an anti-bacterial garment for just nine months longer, you will reduce water usage by close to 20%, carbon dioxide emissions by more than 15% and waste by 8% compared to a normal sportswear item.
PS.: An additional fun-fact: Skipping one wash load per week, will save you three days in a year – not bad, in these busy times, right?