Fe226 was founded to introduce sportswear that will help you go beyond your limits. Sportswear in such a high quality, and with such unique features, that each item is good enough to be the only one you own. Because our belief is, that the keys to reducing the environmental footprint of sportswear are buying less, producing less, and mindful usage.
The most effective way to reduce your carbon footprint is to buy less. Meanwhile, if you do need an item, we strive to develop training and race kit of such quality that you only need the one. Read about our product dogmas here.
According to this, your Fe226 Running Shirt is made to be the only running shirt in your closet. Here’s why we think it is good enough, so you won’t need any more:
- Anti-bacterial: The fabric has been treated with anti-bacterial to keep your product odor-free. Thereby, you only need to rinse under cold water after use and wash it for every 3-6 training sessions. As a result, you use less water and detergents. And less washing will extend the lifetime of your apparel. Read more about our Train more – Wash less approach here.
- Our unique four-panel construction keeps the t-shirt in place during any exercise and hence minimizes chafing and irritation
- The core fabric is lighter, more stretchable, faster drying, and better ventilated than any other fabric out there
- Core temperature regulation: The unique mesh-like structure allows the fabric to hold air inside the fibres, thereby creating an insulation layer that will keep your body temperature regulated. On the other hand, the incomparable mesh-like structure also allows air to flow through to your body, so you keep ventilated when the sun is shining and dries you faster thereby keeping the fabric lightweight
- Lightweight: Despite the temperature-regulation features, the fabrics weighs in at only 140 g/m2 due to the unique mesh-like construction
- Fast-drying: The structure of the fabric will allow you to dry up fast, but we also enhanced this feature by adding an ecological quick-dry treatment to the fabric
- Piling resistance: This fabric's durability has been tested using the Martindale Abrasion Resistance Test and the result flawless
- All seams are 5-thread stretch overlock for maximum durability and stretch ability
- Reflective prints for maximum visibility
- Of course, it is Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 and our production partners meet the HIGG Index
We only produce in European factories that are socially and environmentally responsible. We only use high-quality, locally sourced fabrics, and we always produce in smaller batches. If you wonder, why our prices are rather high compared to some better known brands, please have a look here.
Use your apparel to become a better runner
Is there anything like a “right” running cadence? Any number you should work for? Well, the right cadence is a heavily debated topic among runners and triathletes. Some studies show that most world-class runners take around 180 steps (or more) per minute – and, gosh, they are good!
Does that mean it’s the perfect number for you as well? Nes, or Yo. While there is no perfect individual number, science shows there is a range that you should aim for. And that range is individual. But aiming for 180 rpm is a valuable goal. Even more if you aren’t used to running in that range. Because improving your cadence not only will help you run faster with the same or even less effort, but it can also lessen your chance of injuries.
Scientists also state that most injuries result from three different aspects of your running technique. Heel striking, over-striding and cadence/or cadence. With Fe226’ The Ekstra Mile Perfect Posture Top and Muscle Activator Short you can already do it lot to improve all of them. Please have a look here to see how it works and learn about its proven results.
To improve your cadence – which is indeed easier when using The Ekstra Mile (TEM) Training Tools – we have curated some runner’s playlists for you. Check them out here and use them as much as you want. They contain different music which rhythms around 180 bpm, that will make it easy to just follow the beat and become a better runner.
And after your run?
JOIN THE EVOLUTION OF SPORTSWEAR
In sports apparel, our use of a garment stands for the 50-70% of total carbon emission. Using an odour-less product more than once before washing drastically reduces the environmental impact of the garment. Water and energy are saved, CO2 is reduced and the amount of microplastics can also be significantly reduced.
It all starts by washing less. Studies show, that if you use an anti-bacterial garment for just nine months longer, you will reduce water usage by close to 20%, carbon dioxide emissions by more than 15% and waste by 8% compared to a normal sportswear item.
Instead of washing your garments after each exercise, you can rinse under water and hang it up to dry, thereby reducing washing to every 3-6 times you use it. And with less washing and less bacterial growth, your garments also last longer, so you can buy less. Good for your wallet and good for the environment.
Other Care instructions:
- Keep away from light color during first wear
- Turn inside-out before washing
- Wash dark colors separately
- Synthetic machine wash or hand wash cold
- Use mild detergents and no fabric softener
- Do not wring
- Do not use bleach
- Do not tumble dry
- Dry naturally away from sunlight and direct heat
- Do not iron
- Do not dryclean
COMBINE IT WITH
On colder days you can use your TEM Long Running Tight.
Always combine with Fe226 Performance Socks. It’s a great match!
You can also use your TEM Running Shirt as a base layer for running and cycling, if you want to wear it with a long sleeved jersey or jacket.